Coastrek is required by National and local governments to ensure that our event is COVID Safe. We are absolutely committed to the health and well-being of all our trekkers, their families, our volunteers and our community.
Walking for mental health has never been more important and we know many of you can’t wait to take on a Coastrek team trekking challenge. We must stay COVID Safe and compliance with public health orders is our number 1 priority.
We continue to work very closely with Federal, State and local health authorities and abide by all current directives. This includes our COVID-19 Safety Plan which Coastrek is required to submit as part of the event approval process.
The most recent Federal or State Health Orders and restrictions that may impact Coastrek will be available here.
What we are doing to keep you COVID-safe:
We are committed to be the gold standard event for COVID safety. We have developed the following safety precautions to ensure Coastrek is COVID-safe:
1. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan, based on public health orders and approved by the relevant federal, state, and local health authorities is very comprehensive.
- COVID-19 Safety Officers work to keep everyone adhering to guidelines and ensure the COVID-19 Safety Plan is followed.
3. We will modify starts to ensure there is no crowding
4. We will have COVID-cool signage along the route to encourage all trekkers to practice physical distancing and excellent hand hygiene.
5. We will provide hand sanitiser along the route.
6. We will screen all staff, volunteers, contractors and suppliers before they attend Coastrek and on arrival.
7. Staff, volunteers, contractors and suppliers will be briefed to practice good hand hygiene, wear masks if required and disinfect common surfaces from start to finish
8. We will modify all activations that may result in lingering or gathering, but they will still be awesome!
9. We will have technology in place to help with contact tracing should authorities require it.
10. We will constantly monitor Government regulations and public health orders in the lead up to Coastrek and modify Coastrek to comply.
11. We will provide clear guidelines and communications to all participants in the lead up to Coastrek and respond in real time if required.
How can participants help to stay safe and protect our community?
We need YOUR help to ensure we protect each other and stay safe.
1. Trekkers MUST NOT attend if:
- you are feeling unwell
- you have been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- you have travelled internationally
- you have attended any of the reported hot spot locations
2. For contact tracing purposes, registration is ESSENTIAL, and only registered trekkers will be allowed on the route.
3. For your safety please take note of the signage and directions along the route and observe physical distancing.
4. Bring hand sanitiser along and sanitise whenever you should (COVID-101):
- Wash hands before arrival, after touching common surfaces and after using the bathroom.
- Properly sanitise hands using the hand sanitiser provided.
5. Practice physical distancing with other teams or participants not from your household. This means keeping 1.5m from other trekkers unless you are wearing a mask
6. If you sneeze or get hay-fever symptoms, blow your nose on a clean tissue, put it in a bin or a rubbish bag in your pack, and wash your hands before continuing.
7. Each trekker should bring their own water bottle - sharing of water bottles is a BIG no-no! Same applies with food or snacks.