Can my event be cancelled/postponed?
Your Coastrek program starts the moment you register your team, with up to 12 weeks of supported training, fundraising and FUN.
If there is a government directive that disrupts your proposed Coastrek event/location/route on event day
If Wild Women on Top, the event organisers, deem the course unsafe (for example by reason of heavy rain, lightning, high winds, bushfires, ‘acts of god’) we may, at our sole discretion, re-route the course, find an alternative shortened course or cancel the event. Organisers also reserve the right to cancel the event for any other reason which may include, but is not limited to, terrorism or war.
- We don’t want you to miss out on fabulous fun with your friends on event day after all your juggling, training and fundraising. So we will immediately pivot together to an independent team Coastrek event. This will take place on the same date, with the option to carry over to the weekend if necessary.
- You will get to choose your own route, based on your local area, Covid cluster conditions (how many people may exercise together) and suggestions from us, with all the support and assistance you need. We will give you some inspiration by suggesting routes we know and love in your area.
- We will supply you with a range of printables and other Coastrek downloadable goodies. (We’ve done this before and our trekkers loved it!) You will be able to share your progress with us, other teams and your supporters on social media and the Coastrek Facebook group throughout event day. We'll also be there for you, online, cheering you along the way as you complete your Coastrek challenge.
- If you are unable to complete your independent team Coastrek Event as planned on the specified day, as a result of Covid restrictions, you will be able to complete it in increments throughout the following week.
- Your team captain will still receive medals and everyone gets a printable certificate
- Fundraising goes to Beyond Blue at the time of donation. Thank you for your generosity and support.
Due to ongoing changes to government restrictions, we understand how hard it can be to plan into the future with confidence.
For this reason, if there are changes to our ability to hold an actual event on the dates listed for 2022 due to Covid restrictions only and you choose not to undertake the event virtually, we will also be offering the option of credits for a future Coastrek event valid for 24 months from the original event date.
This doesn’t void other terms and conditions and will be only available if we are unable to hold an in-person Coastrek Event Day.