Yes, Coastrek is a fitness AND fundraising challenge.
All trekkers commit, at the time of registration, to fund-raise $2,000 (or $500 per team member) for our charity partner, the Heart Foundation.
We know that raising $2,000 may sound daunting, but don’t worry – the Heart Foundation Fundraising team is here to help. You’ll receive fundraising tips and ideas to help you reach your goal before the event. If you have any questions or would like to talk through fundraising ideas, give them a ring on 1300 083 420 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try these tips to make the most out of your fundraising page:
- Set the standard for generosity when you make the first donation. Your family and friends will follow your example when deciding how much to donate.
- What does health and wellbeing mean to you? Tell people why you’re passionate about taking on Coastrek in support of the Heart Foundation.
- Personalise your fundraising page, you can add your profile photo, a personal message and also add photos from your team training. Add something personal to your page today.
- Reach out beyond your inner circle – ask family, friends, colleagues, and your community to donate.
- Get social. Facebook, Instagram or Twitter – they’re all great for getting donations. Use our social media posts to get some inspiration!
- Email away! Use our email templates to send to friends, family and colleagues, asking them to donate to your fundraising page.
- Update your fundraising goal. Have you reached your $500 goal? Change it to $600! Ask people to help you reach your next fundraising milestone.
- Remember to thank your donors publicly – tag them in a Facebook or LinkedIn post, or across the table when you are out with friends. The people who donate to your fundraising page are helping make a lasting difference to heart health in Australia – please thank them for us!